Our university was founded and guided by Fiat Lux, bringing new knowledge to light and illuminating solutions for bettering the human condition. And as we celebrate our 150th birthday and our accomplishments, many of our students continue to face food and housing insecurities, especially our First Generation and Undocumented students. Es nuestra responsibilidad iluminar el camino para nuestros estudiantes. We are shining that light on our community!
Help us to continue to create resources to provide students access to affordable housing, food security, and to develop professional skills to successfully transition into the workforce. We are creating the pathway for success!
All money donated will go directly to benefit our students!
Funds will be utilized for the following:
- Reduce food and housing insecurities.
- Subsidize the increasing cost of tuition, books, and supplies.
- First Generation, Undocumented, and other marginalized and underserved students.
STUDENT CLAA PAID INTERNSHIPS
- Gain hands-on workforce training and experience.
- Develop professional skills to be job-ready.
- Create a strong network of contacts.
LATINX CAREER & DEVELOPMENT CENTER
- Connect students with alumni for career and educational advice and mentoring.
- Explore internships, externships, fellowships, and careers.
- Develop effective resumes, gain confident interviewing skills, and explore career opportunities to successfully transition into the workforce.
Please support us with an amount you are comfortable in giving. This year’s suggested giving is $150 in honor of 150 years of Cal. If you can’t give $150, give a minimum of $10 and recruit 15 other supporters that you know will support our cause to strive for academic equity.
“A dollar earned is valued at one dollar, but a dollar donated can have a higher value to someone in need.”